Saturday, April 10, 2010

Growing My Hair

I know its a strange topic, and a strange thing to do. But I want to. Today, April 10th, I have decided that I am going to grow my hair for a whole year. Well, no less than SIX MONTHS. If I like it, I will increase the time no less than another six months---so a year total. I don't want to have hair like a girl either, so its not like I'm gonna let it grow to my shoulders or anything like that.
I have basically had the same haircut for ALL MY LIFE! And it's old. Since my haircut has always been very short, the only way to go is long. And if you're gonna do something, you gotta do it well, right?
Anyway, I've always kinda wanted my to have my hair long, or at least longer, but I never have because I was worried that it wouldn't look good or be manageable because of my wavy hair. But that's the thing, I don't want to worry about my appearance. It's kind of a way of just being, not worrying about my look, and just focus on other more important things. (That's not to say I won't wash my hair and at least be presentable, either, though.) And I've been noticing some of my favorite tennis players (Rafa Nadal, Juan Martin Del Potro, Roger Federer (who is not a favorite, but in the list because of the topic of hair)) and they all have long hair. They seem to like it. In my opinion, it makes them more hard-core. They just ware a bandanna- or whatever you call those things- and just focus on the game. And I too want to go through with it this time.
Every time I have tried to grow my hair before I get to a point where its hard to manage, or I don't think it looks good, so I end up cutting it. And regret loosing out on the progress EVERY TIME. So I am writing about the goal to grow my hair this time because it is my way of committing myself to stick with it the whole way.
So yeah, it is April 10th, 2010, and I am growing my hair for a year without any haircuts in between.

1 comment:

  1. if all else fails, you can at least donate it to locks of love!

    ReplyDelete