Friday, December 4, 2009

22. You Never Really Know (Evaluative conclussion)

I am very thankful for this blog and will be continuing it! It is not a secret to anyone that I thought my teacher was smoking the pipe when she made a blog a class assignment, but fortunately (or unfortunately for my pride) I was proved incorrect.

The blog has helped me say some very important things I had been keeping in that desperately needed to come out. I finally got to speak about my mothers death, and her life too. And in a great way, the blog helped me finally come to terms with the physical loss of my mother. It made me realize she's only physically gone. I've understood, through my writing, what her role in my life is now, and vice versa. That means a lot to me. I will be able to focus a bit more.

I also learned that the blog (in a strange way) validates my opinions. I've written also about things I am not so fond of and even of things like a crush. But I've learned that writing our thoughts is quite therapeutic. It has a strange way of making our outlook on life more positive. I say this because, after many of the entries, I found myself in a good mood. In fact, as I progressed, my entries became more positive. I think it is because when one feels validated, it is easier to be happy. And weather I am right on wrong in what I said, the blog has been very pleasant to do.

I have gained perspective through my blog. I've learned that its better to have perspective on life, something we, or at least I tend to struggle with. Writing helps me solve that. Ironically, this taught me that before I write important papers, I need to gain perspective. I will probably come to my blog and seek inspiration through posting another entry.

I've been quite surprised to know that I am a very optimistic person. It's surprising because I used to think I was quite the pessimist. I am glad to have discovered my optimism, of course.

Also, the blog has helped me be able to better describe how I am. I am definitely a Pathos type of personality (and writer). I am very intense and like to focus on the things of the heart. Other things just don't matter much to me. Artificiality, be it in things and in people, bothers me. Family, particularly parents, are a huge deal to me. My culture is incredibly important to who I am and I am extremely attached to it. The Spanish language will forever be a language I stay close to, but I am quite a perfectionist in my effort of being intelligent and fluent in the English language too. A close relationship with God and Christ is my essence. I try to learn the deep meaning of things in life and I love to laugh and have fun. And I occasionally get a warrant. :) We are all human.

I've learned blog interaction can be valuable. An honorable mention to Kathryn's blog, which kept me in constant laughter, but also strengthened me in the common ground her and I share with the loss of a mother. The other blogs were great too because they helped me get to know my classmates. I read plenty entries from many of them. I'm slowly making my way to reading them all.

Finally, I actually enjoy writing--granted, the writing that doesn't require sticking to a certain topic or style is much more fun, but I like writing none the less. My blog will be my new journal (unless I have something too private to say).

1 comment:

  1. Juan,

    I think you have found the important aspect of keeping a record: we are more grateful when we reflect on our life and thus more happy.
    Class part: 70 blog: 100=85%

    ReplyDelete